Sunday, March 29, 2020

Bloodborne

Who's the Great One now?
I completed a new Bloodborne playthrough for the sole purpose of earning the "Childhood's Beginning" trophy, which unlocks after the player defeats the Moon Presence to earn the secret ending. Of course, to start the battle with the Moon Presence, one must first consume at least three alien umbilical cords; the only hint that this does anything at all is an easily-missed note in the Lecture Building. You'll get one cord automatically after defeating Mergo's Wet Nurse, but the other three are quite well-hidden.

I know I only need to eat three, but they're just so delicious!
I decided to try an Arcane build this time, which I'd never done before. It's pretty rough until you find the Tonitrus, but generally smooth sailing afterwards. Naturally, the ultimate Arcane character would use the Kos Parasite, but I'd already unlocked all of the trophies for The Old Hunters and saw no reason to complete the entire DLC again just to get one weapon, especially when the Tonitrus is so useful. The Choir Set seemed like a sensible outfit for an Arcane-focused character to wear, so I took a detour to acquire it in the Upper Cathedral Ward, but apart from that I avoided most optional content and stuck to the critical path.

Ascending to godhood and looking good while doing it.
So I now have the Platinum Trophy, which I conclude places me in the top 6% of Bloodborne players. (Of course, if you managed to beat the Cleric Beast, you're in the top 50%. Bloodborne is not a game for the faint of heart.) This playthrough did underscore how Bloodborne really isn't a particularly long game once you're good at it and if you decide to skip the side content. It was at least a marked contrast from Final Fantasy VII!

The Hunter's Dream reminds me of Relto from Uru.

No comments:

Post a Comment